Friday, August 9, 2013

CLASSIC SATURDAYS: Battletoads (NES 90s) Review

It all started with Rash, Zitz, and Pimple. Three super hero toads that were competing against four super hero turtles that go by the name of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The rival was great and although at the time I was a huge TMNT junkie, I also enjoyed Battletoads because it was just an awesome beat em up game that had something different about it.


The first thing I want to get right off the bat is that it's definitely not a TMNT rip off! Both are great games and are totally different in it's own way. Anyways, what I loved about the Battletoads was the graphics were pretty great for the NES, and each boss fight is pretty tough to beat which makes it a fun game. One of the major things I hated about the game is that you can only get three continues. Yes, three continues. You can't have three continues for a very difficult game. C'mon now, Rare!


Overall, Battletoads will always have a special place in my heart. Now since Rare is with Microsoft and is long gone from Nintendo, I doubt that we will get a Battletoads HD reboot. Anyways, Battletoads is a great game and deserves a 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment